How do you know if you have the “Please Insert SIM” error?
You know that you have this kind of error with when you have seen the following:
- If the signal bars are full as displayed on the router, but the light displayed is red.
- After seeing the red signal bar lights, you need to check the status of the router on 19168.0.1 (Web UI). You can do so by connecting to the Wi-Fi, then opening your browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.) and logging in.
You can find the default username and password on the sticker under the router.
If the default username and password on the sticker under the router doesn’t work, this means that the defaults have been changed. In this case, you will need to factory reset the router.
After you do the factory reset, you will be able to use the default username and password on the sticker. However, the network name and the password to your Wi-Fi will also revert to the one written on the sticker.
- After logging in, you should be able to see an alert/pop-up saying “Please Insert SIM.” If you are able to open the page but do not encounter this message, then your router is experiencing another issue altogether.
How to fix the “Please Insert SIM” Error
- Turn off the router and unplug it.
- Open the back cover and remove the SIM card. You can do so by pressing the SIM card to eject it.
- Remove the SIM card. Make sure it is clean; wipe it using a clean and dry piece of cloth.
- Return the SIM card in the slot. Ensure that the green/gold board is located above the SIM card when you return it. This is to avoid jamming the SIM card in the wrong space between the router casing and the slot.
- Plug and turn on the router again. Check if the signal bars are now green and if you are now able to connect to the internet.
If issues with your internet connection persist, feel free to call our Customer Care Hotlines at the following numbers:
Available every day, from 7 AM to 10 PM only.